Location Technology in cell phones has evolved so much that the dangers have exceeded its privileges. With the evolution of location technology, privacy has become one of the most important aspects which can be compromised. With the new technologies, everyone is using smartphones for various purposes like online bill payments, emailing, browsing numerous websites, etc. It is risky for the user since the device is exposed to various threats.
Cybercriminals host the websites and can trace the device easily in a matter of minutes. You might be panicking after learning that it is not hard to be traced by a website holder, but you don’t have to worry anymore. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below and make your device untraceable by these website holders who only want to cause harm to you. There are some workarounds which will be enough to apply in order to secure your phone device.
How to prevent your phone from being tracked
Using Disable Location Services
It is the simplest way to keep your iPhone from being tacked. Let’s see the steps to disable the location services.
- Launch Settings apps in your iPhone.
- Go to Privacy and then tap Location Services.
- Tap to turn off the Location Services.
- Remember, the method is efficient but other apps accessing the location services will not work correctly including Find My iPhone app.
Using the Airplane Mode
Airplane Mode is another method that you can try to prevent your phone from being tracked. The feature is a built-in feature is available in both iOS and Android devices. Once the feature is activated, other network sharing feature will be automatically disabled.
- For Android Device Users
- Open the Settings of your device.
- Now, go to the More… button and tap on it.
- Tap to check-mark the Airplane Mode and activate it.
- Remember that the airplane mode disable all other network features of your device.
- For iOS Device Users
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Control Center will open on the screen.
- Tap the Airplane icon.
- There is another way to activate the Airplane Mode from the Settings
- Find Airplane Mode and tap to
Prevent Your Phone from being tracked by Google
Through the Maps app, Google can track the phone, but the people are more concerned about being more private, they prefer to deactivate the feature. If you are also willing to keep your phone more private, then you should follow this method as well.
- Open Settings in your phone and go to the Personal
- Now, select Location option from the menu.
- Navigate to Google Location History and tap to open it.
- Now, turn the toggle button off in the Location History
- If a dialog box will appear, then select Ok.
- Tap Manage Activities from the bottom.
- Open the menu from three dots at the corner.
- Select Settings from the menu opened.
- Now, select Delete all Location History.
- To confirm the Permanently delete all Location History, tap Delete
Methods mentioned above have merits, but these methods have demerits as well. Still, these are best possible ways to prevent your phone from being tracked.