Gordon Ramsay, foul-mouthed chef and TV star have been one of the famous celebrities featured in Amazon’s Super Bowl commercial over the weekend. The commercial featured many prominent personalities offering their voices to fill in for Alexa after her voice gone astray. It was an exciting look at what Alexa could be like with a different and extraordinary personality; now you can experience that by yourself with a new Gordon Ramsay skill.
Setting up Gordon Ramsay’s voice on Amazon Alexa or Echo
Before you go ahead, take this note: while you can get the voice of Gordon Ramsay on your Alexa, you’re not replacing Alexa’s default voice. Preferably, predetermined phrases are something already set to be spoken by Gordon Ramsay. These phases are offered in an Alexa skill, equipping Echo devices or other Alexa-equipped gadgets with Ramsay’s only one of its kind ability to severely critique food.
Steps to set up Gordon Ramsay’s voice on Amazon Alexa or Echo
Let’s assume that your Alexa device has already been set up and the Alexa mobile app has been installed on your mobile; if that’s not the case, you first need to do both of those things and follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Open the Alexa app and tap the menu icon to open the left-side menu.
- Then go to the Skills option.
- From the “Skills” page, search for “Gordon Ramsay.”
- At the top of the search results, tap the first option; this is the Skill from “Ground Control.”
- Click Enable to install the Alexa skill.
- Once the installation is complete, you need to pull it up on your Alexa-enabled device by saying “Alexa, open Gordon Ramsay.”
- That’s it! You’ll then be greeted with Gordon Ramsay’s familiar voice.
Once the skill is set up and open, you will be able to get Ramsay to critique your own food by asking the AI, “Alexa, ask Gordon Ramsay what he thinks about my Favorite Music.” Of course, replace “Favorite Music” with the actual song name that you like the most, though it doesn’t matter since you’re receiving a random response in return.
All the best! We hope the steps as mentioned above would help you getting Gordon Ramsay’s voice on your Echo or Alexa device.
“Charlie Noah is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, David Smith has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.”